Niche market

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

Suspect Identified in String of Vehicle Thefts Around Rogers City

first_imgAddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThis A suspect has been identified for multiple vehicle thefts that took place in Rogers City last week.According to the Rogers City Police Department, a pick-up truck was stolen from a residence on South Sixth Street between late Thursday night and early Friday morning.A vehicle was also stolen from a 3rd Avenue residence. Police are currently searching for the suspect, and Chief Matthew Quaine is encouraging residents to keep their property locked and secure.If you have any information on these incidents you’re encouraged to call 989–734–2330.AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisContinue ReadingPrevious An Exclusive Day of Fishing for KidsNext Campbell Street Reconstruction Beginslast_img read more

Dolphins owner appalled by bullying scandal

first_imgby Fred GoodallAP Sports WriterTAMPA, Fla. (AP) – Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross has broken his silence on the bullying scandal that has engulfed his team, saying he’s appalled by Jonathan Martin’s allegations of daily harassment by teammates.Ross said he plans to meet with Martin on Wednesday at an undisclosed location and that he has been in touch with the tackle by text.” I look forward to meeting with Jonathan Martin, discovering the facts,” Ross said.The owner vowed before Monday night’s game between the Dolphins and Tampa Bay Buccaneers to get to bottom of the allegations and create a locker room culture that “suits the 21st century.”“It couldn’t have been a worse nightmare,” said Ross, who was joined at the press conference by team president and chief executive officer Tom Garfinkel.The NFL is investigating Martin’s allegations against teammates, including Richie Incognito. Martin, 24, is with his family in California to undergo counseling for emotional issues. Incognito has been suspended indefinitely.A special investigator for the league will determine whether Incognito harassed Martin, and whether the Dolphins mishandled the matter.Ross strongly endorsed Dolphins coach Joe Philbin, saying he had the “utmost confidence” in the man he hired in 2012.“Joe Philbin is probably one of the most organized people I’ve ever met,” Ross said. “When I interviewed him that stood out, but what also stood out was his character. I don’t think there is a better person, a more respected person, a more caring person in the National Football League than Joe Philbin.”While not holding Philbin responsible, Ross said changes need to be made in his organization.“We need to look at ourselves. We have to examine everything internally,” Ross said. “This is so appalling to me. I know I’m capable of overreacting. I want to get everybody’s feedback because we all know the football locker room is a different workplace than most of us are accustomed to. I don’t want to make any excuses.”Ross said to he has formed a committee of advisers. There are five members on it now and he wants to add more in order “to protect me and them and the players from my overreacting, and having a code of conduct that suits the 21st century. Change is needed. We’re going to make sure we’re the best organization in the National Football League.”The 6-foot-4, 320-pound Martin left the team two weeks ago. His attorney has alleged that Martin was harassed daily, and Incognito acknowledged leaving a voicemail for Martin in April in which he used a racist term, threatened to kill his teammate and threatened to slap Martin’s mother.Incognito is white and Martin is biracial. Teammates both black and white have said Incognito is not a racist, and they’ve been more supportive of the veteran guard than they have of Martin.Incognito, 6-3, 319 pounds, has long been labeled one of the NFL’s dirtiest players with a reputation for out-of-bounds behavior off the field. But this season he was a member of the player leadership council, raising questions about the role of coach Joe Philbin, his staff and Miami management in the case.Also in question is the team’s role in a May 2012 incident involving Incognito. A police report said a female volunteer at a Dolphins charity golf tournament complained that Incognito harassed her, but he wasn’t charged, and news of the case surfaced only last week.Incognito, 30, has declined to say whether coaches ordered him to toughen up Martin, a second-year pro from Stanford.The scandal is the latest public-relations headache for Ross since he became majority owner of the Dolphins in 2009. They’ve endured four consecutive losing seasons, their longest such streak since the 1960s, and often play in a half-empty stadium, their local popularity eclipsed by the Miami Heat.Ross apologized to Dolphins fans “for being in this position. I know we will come out of this as a better organization.”___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito (68) and tackle Jonathan Martin (71) stand on the field during an NFL football practice in Davie, Fla.  (AP Photo/Lynne Sladky, File)last_img read more

Rebels clinch 2013 KIJHL Championship in five games

first_imgThe Castlegar Rebels have won the 2013 Kootenay International Junior Hockey League Championship.The Rebels clinched the title in five games, blasting the injury-riddled North Okanagan Knights 4-0 Monday at the Castlegar Arena Complex.Castlegar, scoring its first title since 1996, wins the best-of-seven series 4-1 and represents the KIJHL at the Cyclone Taylor Cup April 11-14 in Comox Valley.The Rebels made sure there would be no more games in the KIJHL Final by jumping all over the Knights in the first period, out shooting North Okanagan 20-7.The Rebels were rewarded for the deciding advantage in play when leading scorer Stuart Walton beat Dustin Nikkel in the North Okanagan next on the power play.The goal was the first of two for Walton, who finished the KIJHL playoffs as the leading scorer with 27 points — including nine goals.Matt Reed and Darren Medeiros also scored for the Rebels, holding period leads of 1-0 and 3-0. Castlegar out shot the Knights 44-18 in the game with netminder Jordan Gluck serving up his second shutout of the series.Gluck shut out North Okanagan 2-0 in Game three of the series.The Rebels now join Richmond Sockeyes, Victoria Cougars and host Comox Valley Glacier Kings in the four-team Cyclone Taylor Cup Tournament.The win makes up for a crushing loss to Osoyoos Coyotes in the 2011 KIJHL Final.Castlegar’s win makes it three of the past five seasons a Murdoch Division champ has won the KIJHL title.Nelson Leafs won the KIJHL crown in 2009 while Beaver Valley took the title in 2012.last_img read more