BACOLOD City – A man was shot to deathin Barangay Camansi, Kabankalan City, Negros Occidental. Sola was brought to the Dr. GumersindoGarcia Sr. Memorial Hospital in Kabankalan City where he was declared “dead onarrival.” According to police investigators,Sola was driving a vehicle when four unidentified suspects peppered him withbullets around 5 p.m. on Sunday. Officers of the Kabankalan City policestation have yet to identify the suspects and the motive in the shooting./PN Four empty cartridges of a .45-caliberfirearm were recovered from the crime scene, the report added. The 38-year-old John Paul Sola ofKabankalan City died of gunshot wounds on the body, a police report showed.
League president Javier Tebas on Sunday said he hopes the Spanish season can resume with the Seville derby on June 11, after Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez said La Liga could return from June 8.“With this crazy period that we are all living in, knowing that we will soon be playing again, resuming La Liga is an immense joy,” Correa told the Atletico website after training on Monday.“I think this is what we all need, for football to resume, and thank God, it will happen very quickly.”Spanish sides are currently training in small groups, but should be able to return to full training on June 1.Atletico sit sixth in the La Liga table with 11 games of the season remaining, although only one point adrift of Real Sociedad, who occupy the fourth and final Champions League spot.“The whole team has been working at home, and now we are noticing that during training,” added Argentinian international Correa.“We’re training at a high level and that is what the team needs to be ready when La Liga resumes.“I’m very happy. I really wanted to get back on the pitch, come back to train with my teammates. The lockdown was a very difficult period, but that’s it, we are moving forward now.”Atletico reached the Champions League quarter-finals shortly before the suspension of the season by ending holders Liverpool’s title defence, although that match at Anfield was linked to “41 additional deaths” by a report published on Sunday.Atletico Madrid players continued training on Monday ahead of a possible La Liga restart in mid-JuneRead Also: Messi facing a losing battle against Cristiano RonaldoLockdown measures in Madrid were finally eased on Monday, while elsewhere in Spain the first beaches were reopened.Over 28,000 people have died in Spain due to COVID-19.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Atletico Madrid winger Angel Correa on Monday said that a return to football “is what we all need” ahead of a possible La Liga restart in mid-June.Advertisement Promoted ContentWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooA Lot More People Should See Hanna’s Fantastic Bread MasterpiecesThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical7 Reasons It’s Better To Be A VeganCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love WithWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better8 Ways Drones Will Automate Our Future7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The UniversePlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Body
The five-year-old gelding, rated 111, has been on a break since October but is primed for his first assignment of the season. “He’s very well and he did particularly well over the winter. He has strengthened up a bit. He’s really, really good and he’s ready to get started. I’m hopeful of a big run,” said the trainer. “He’s a genuine soft-ground horse – he’s a much better horse on it. On paper it looks a hotter race than last year. He will probably go for the Amethyst Stakes next, but he’s ground dependent. There are loads of seven-furlong to a mile races for him all year.” Aidan O’Brien has a strong hand as he runs Due Diligence and bottom-weight Smuggler’s Cove. The former is the highest rated of the 11 runners on 116 while the latter gets the three-year-old allowance. The 62,500 euro pot has also attracted English raiders in the shape of Dandy Nicholls’ Sovereign Debt and Cable Bay, who represents Charles Hills. David O’Meara sends over That Is The Spirit. Shanghai Beauty and Penny Pepper have the form in the book for the Irish Stallion Farms EBF (Fillies) Maiden over six furlongs and both are bidding to improve on a runner-up finish last-time out. Deegan’s Papa’s Way faces a stern challenge from Stronger Than Me and Princess Pearlita in the Clongowes Wood College Bicentenary Handicap. Ado McGuinness fires two bullets at the six-furlong handicap in Oor Jock and Beau Satchel, both of whom were placed in their previous outings. Recent winners Elusive In Paris and Cash Or Casualty also run. The seven-race card opens with an interesting five-furlong maiden in which there are several beautifully bred horses including the O’Brien-trained Zoffany colt Waterloo Bridge and Jim Bolger’s daughter of Invincible Spirit, Mimicking, as well as Hoppala, an Acclamation gelding from the Weld camp. Press Association Paul Deegan is confident Sruthan can make it back-to-back victories in the Group Three Big Bad Bob Gladness Stakes at the Curragh.
Press Association Watford boss Quique Sanchez Flores has heaped praise on captain Troy Deeney and backed the striker to score plenty of Premier League goals after he opened his account last weekend. ‘For me at this moment, Troy Deeney is really good,” he said. “The performances from Deeney generally are really good. From the first moment in this league he played like a striker. “Now he is settled, he has put in good performances. His impact on the team is very important. The team-mates, they say, it’s perfect for us because our strikers finally score.” Deeney will almost certainly feature when Watford entertain West Ham on Saturday as the Hornets look to add to the solitary goal they have managed at home in the league this season. Flores has backed Deeney to add to his tally over the course of the campaign and insists it was not something that was weighing on his mind when the goals were not coming. ‘He didn’t have an obsession with how he had not scored,” the Spaniard said. “He’s scoring in the natural way now. He’s scoring because he’s playing well, he’s scoring because he’s close to the box, so finally it comes good. “He is amazing, he is fast and passionate with the work. He is ambitious and he has everything we need. He is a big leader for the team and in the dressing room and has a connection with the strands. “It is important for the strikers to score, he has scored for the first time and we are confident now he will score a lot.” The 27-year-old has played in all 10 of Watford’s league matches this season but it took him until last Saturday’s 2-0 win at Stoke to grab his first top-flight goal having been a consistent scorer in the Championship. Flores always said he would be patient with Deeney, who signed a new deal at Vicarage Road in the summer, and now believes he is going to see the best of the Englishman in the coming weeks.
GREGORY DIXON/Herald PhotoComing off two series where the opponent has never won, the No. 2 Wisconsin women’s hockey team (24-1-3, 18-1-3 WCHA) will face a much stiffer test this weekend when it travels to the shore of Lake Superior to face No. 7 Minnesota-Duluth.The last time these two teams met was Nov. 24, when the Bulldogs (16-7-3, 15-5-2 WCHA) stole the Badgers’ hearts with a 2-0 win to snap Wisconsin’s team record 26-game unbeaten streak. Wisconsin bounced back in the second game, clawing its way to a hard fought, well earned 1-0 victory.”When our two clubs get together it’s usually a pretty good game, so we have to be prepared.” Wisconsin head coach Mark Johnson said.Last time, freshman goaltender Kim Martin shut out the Badgers in game one, making 25 saves. But coming off of a series in which it scored 13 goals, UW is more concerned with playing sound defense.”We need to play hard on the defensive end,” senior forward Phoebe Monteleone said. “If we can do that, playing on the offensive end is our reward.”Led by Martin and senior goalie Ritta Schaublin, the Bulldogs allow an impressive 1.70 goals per game while scoring 3.30 of their own. However, those numbers pale in comparison to those of the Badgers who currently rank first in the nation in scoring defense at 1.00 goals per game and second in offense with 4.43 goals per game.But numbers aren’t everything. Wisconsin knows that it will take a superior effort to extend its current 13-game unbeaten steak.”It’s not the best team on the ice that wins,” Monteleone said. “It’s the team that works the hardest.”Currently, Minnesota-Duluth is ranked second in the WCHA standings, trailing Wisconsin by seven points. A bad series, however, and UMD is right back in the mix. “We have a solid lead, and we want to keep that lead,” sophomore Erika Lawler said. “At the end of the year you never know what’s going to happen, so it’s important to keep winning.”If the Badgers can take three or more points during this series, they can clinch the regular season title and the number one seed in the conference tournament.”It’s nice; it’ll be good to have that seed going into the WCHA playoffs,” Monteleone said. “We have put a lot of hard work towards it.”With the playoffs just three weeks away, the Bulldogs will offer a good test that should give the Badgers a sense of where they stand heading into the post-season.”It comes at a good time because we’ll get tested and with the playoffs around the corner,” Johnson said. “It’ll give us a sense of where we are and what we need to work on.”Assuming Wisconsin clinches the No. 1 seed before season’s end, it would face North Dakota — a team that hasn’t won in conference play — in the first round. Despite the favorable potential first round match up, Johnson is still focused on taking things one game at a time — not on winning the regular season title.”It won’t be on my mind,” Johnson said. “I’m concentrating on going out and playing 60 minutes of solid hockey on Friday night. As a staff we just need to keep the team thinking about each game and not getting ahead of ourselves.”As an added bonus, a strong performance in Duluth would mean a lot for UW when it comes time for the NCAA seedings to be released. The Badgers are currently ranked second in the Pairwise Rankings. Playing the seventh-ranked Bulldogs will provide an opportunity for them to improve their .6094 RPI and give them a chance to jump Mercyhurst for the top spot in the country.When it comes to national ratings though, Johnson again chooses to let things play out as they may.”Obviously you’re playing for things right now,” Johnson said. “We’ve got ourselves in a good position, but we need to go out and play and let those things other things take care of themselves.”
While it’s positive for the inter-county game to have a definitive season, County Board vice-chairman John Devane says there are issues that need resolving- especially in dual counties… Tipp County Board Vice Chairman John Devane says questions still need to be answered ahead of the July deadline on proposed changes to the hurling championship.A special Congress will take place on Saturday, 30 September to vote on the proposed new hurling championship which will see an extended format of round robin games in both Munster and Leinster.It will see 4 games in 5 weeks from the middle of May and will see the All-Ireland Final take place in the middle of August.
LIVE TV WATCH US LIVE FOLLOW US Written By COMMENT First Published: 12th August, 2020 07:58 IST Houston Astros hitting coach Álex Cintrón faces a 20-game suspension and a fine for his role in a benches-clearing brawl at Oakland, a person with direct knowledge of the punishment said Tuesday.In addition, Athletics outfielder Ramon Laureano will receive a six-game suspension and a fine, the person said, speaking on condition of anonymity because Major League Baseball hadn’t made a formal announcement and was still finalizing the details.Laureano was hit by a pitch from Humberto Castellanos with one out in the seventh inning of Oakland’s 7-2 victory Sunday. He began exchanging words with a gesturing Cintrón then left first base, threw down his batting helmet and began sprinting toward Cintrón.Astros catcher Dustin Garneau tackled Laureano before the A’s outfielder got to the hitting coach. Laureano is a former Astros player and the rival clubs have been the top two in the AL West the past two years. A’s pitcher Mike Fiers, another former Houston player, revealed the Astros’ sign-stealing scandal in November to The Athletic.Image credits: AP SUBSCRIBE TO US Associated Press Television News Last Updated: 12th August, 2020 07:58 IST Astros Coach Faces 20-game Suspension, Laureano 6: Source Houston Astros hitting coach Álex Cintrón faces a 20-game suspension and a fine for his role in a benches-clearing brawl at Oakland, a person with direct knowledge of the punishment said Tuesday
Ruiz weighed in for the bout at 20st 3lb and conceded afterwards he had paid the price for “three months of partying”, acknowledging he was overweight and should have trained better.That situation in such a high-profile fight angered Warren, who manages undefeated former champion Tyson Fury.”Andy Ruiz Jr brought disgrace to himself and the sport by simply failing to prepare to any sort of required level,” Warren wrote on his website. “Just because you are a heavyweight it shouldn’t mean you don’t have an obligation to display a certain degree of athletic intention.”Yes, he was heavy last time around and usually wobbles a bit around the middle, but this was ridiculous. When eyebrows were being raised at the weigh-in he literally was the elephant in the room. Joshua must have wondered which chin he was supposed to aim for. It is a bit late after the event to come out and say you partied too much and regret carrying so much weight.”Strategy & loyalty! I’m not perfect but I’m trying, another defining moment for British boxing. Thank you to all my team, a night we will remember & thank you Ruiz Jr. we made history 2X pic.twitter.com/CL0emzfbUY— Anthony Joshua (@anthonyfjoshua) December 8, 2019Warren explained that in a typical fight where promoters and TV bosses were not hoping for a particular result, there would be anger if a fighter turned up short of peak condition.He went on to add: “Spare a thought for those punters who might have had a punt on the champion, who had every right to believe he had put the graft in having had the benefit of a full camp.”Professional athletes have a responsibility to ensure a level playing field on behalf of those who pay for the privilege of watching. What we ended up with was a fella who basically scoffed himself out being world champion and a spectacle that suffered as a result. The fault for this lies firmly with Ruiz.”The bottom line from what we saw over in Saudi is that Ruiz was a disgrace to the belts he was defending. He did a Buster Douglas and ate himself out of contention. Andy Ruiz Jr has been labelled an “elephant” and a “disgrace” by Frank Warren after his failed world heavyweight title defence against Anthony Joshua.After going down to a stunning defeat that shocked the boxing world against Ruiz in June, Joshua regained the WBA, WBO and IBF titles with a comfortable points victory in Saudi Arabia on Saturday. “I saw an interview before the fight with Ruiz saying he had achieved his dream. Well, if his dream was to win the titles then stuff himself stupid and lose them at the first time of asking, then his dream has become a reality.”King of the heavyweight division to Burger King in the space of six months.”Fury is due to face WBC champion Deontay Wilder in February, a rematch after their dramatic draw in December 2018.
Facebook14Tweet0Pin0 Submitted by Town & Country Roofing Inc.Local contractor sponsoring No Roof Left Behind free roof give away for one Thurston County homeowner in needThe national No Roof Left Behind initiative has found sponsorship in Thurston County. Local company, Town & Country Roofing Inc, is now accepting nominations for the free roof on their website.There are a few conditions for the program. Nominees must own the home they are living in and be a resident of Thurston County. Also, the free roof recipient must be current on his/her mortgage payments. Nominees will be accepted until January 12, 2014. A team of local volunteers will review all the nominees and four will be selected as finalists.The four finalists’ stories and photos will be displayed on Town & Country Roofing Inc’s No Roof Left Behind homepage. From February 3 thru April 5, 2014 the public will able to vote on the finalist they feel is most deserving. The roof winner will be revealed online on April 15, 2014 and the installation celebration will be held shortly thereafter.Ron Shincke, Owner of Town & Country Roofing is celebrating over 13 years in the roofing industry. One of the most important things for the Town & Country Roofing Inc family is community outreach. “We don’t just work in Thurston County. We live here, shop here and raise our families here. We wanted to let the community know just how important they are to us,” said Shincke. “Providing a free roof seemed like great way to do that.”When he heard about the No Roof Left Behind program as a way to thank communities for their support, Shincke knew it would be a great fit for the big-hearted team at Town & Country Roofing. “We are just so excited about implementing a philanthropic program like this,” he shares.Other local businesses are invited to show their community appreciation as well. “We think it’s a great way to rally the community together,” offers Shincke. “That’s why we’re inviting other neighborhood businesses to show support by way of donations. You don’t have to swing a hammer or even get dirty to help out,” he continues. “Just give us a call and we’ll find a place for you.”For more information about Town & Country Roofing Inc, their No Roof Left Behind program and interviews with Ron Shincke, please call 360-704-7663 or visit our web site.
“The Honourable MP has clearly been misinformed, as it is very evident that he did not see or read my statement in person,” Tkatchenko said.”There is nothing in my statement that labels all Western Highlanders, as stated by the MP.“I suggest that he go through my statement personally, and make his conclusions.”The National Government is the key stakeholder for hosting rights for the upcoming 2016 FIFA Under 20 Womens World Cup in November, and the 2017 Rugby League World Cup, and this incident has brought our credibility to host such events into question.“Everything that we have worked hard for as a Government, to bring these games to our shores, could all be thrown out the window, due to the actions of those supporters and Official.“It doesn’t matter where this official comes from, his actions are totally unacceptable and are a total disgrace,” Tkatchenko said.Picture: File photo of Minister for Sports Justin Tkatchenko