NEW YORK (AP) — A British socialite criminally charged with aiding Jeffrey Epstein in his sexual abuse of teenage girls testified in 2016 that she had no memory of anything amiss on his properties, but eventually had a falling out with him. That’s according to the public portion of a heavily redacted transcript of the deposition of Ghislaine Maxwell taken for a defamation lawsuit by one of Epstein’s accusers. The transcript was released Wednesday along with other documents pursued by the Miami Herald after the lawsuit was settled. Maxwell has been held without bail since pleading not guilty in July to recruiting girls for Epstein to abuse in the mid-1990s. Epstein killed himself in a Manhattan federal lockup in August 2019 as he awaited a sex trafficking trial.
“He said he wanted to play through it,” D’Antoni said. “In retrospect, it might have been better to just come on out.”Nash’s setback also contributed to the team’s never-ending injured list that includes Kobe Bryant (fractured left knee), Pau Gasol (strained right groin), Xavier Henry (bone bruise in right knee), Jodie Meeks (sprained right ankle) and Jordan Farmar (left hamstring). None are expected to return until sometime after next week’s All-Star break.Nash has played only nine games this season, leaving it possible that the Lakers could benefit financially from his absence. If an NBA-appointed official determines Nash couldn’t play another game, the Lakers wouldn’t have the final year of Nash’s contract counted against their cap. But neither Nash nor the Lakers are thinking that way.The Lakers (18-33) still had a chance to ensure a three-game winning streak. Chicago also remained shorthanded without Derrick Rose (right knee) and Carlos Boozer (left calf). Seldom-used center Chris Kaman remained two points of matching his career-high, posting 27 points on 13-of-23 shooting and 10 rebounds. Jordan Hill (15 points) and Kendall Marshall (13 points) also cracked double figures.The Lakers also trailed only 88-84 with 48.9 seconds left after Wesley Johnson’s fast-break dunk. On the next possession, Lakers guard Steve Blake ran a pick-and-roll with Kaman and tried threading the needle with a bounce pass. D.J. Augustin swiped the ball and converted on a one-and-one. “Steve (Blake) is a great player and does a great job for us,” Kaman said. “It was just one play, but it happened to be at the important time of the game there.”Kaman found no solace with his play either, even if it could open up more playing time. Though D’Antoni described Kaman as “very good offensively” and rated his defense as “okay,” he said giving playing to Kaman once Gasol returns will be “tough.”“The whole season has been a frustrating year for me personally,” Kaman said. “Part of that is having injuries. Part of that is a lot of guys are on one-year deals not knowing what they want to do and not knowing where they’re supposed to be. The more time we have together as a unit out there, the better it is. But with guys getting hurt and guys being in and out, it’s not easy.”With Nash joining that list again, the Lakers’ job just became more difficult.See box score | Follow Mark Medina’s Inside the Lakers blog Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error “It’s a gut feeling. It wasn’t like I broke it again,” said Nash, who finished with eight points on 3-of-4 shooting and two assists in 21 minutes. “I just kind of irritated the nerve. I’m pretty hopeful all the stuff I’ve been doing can overcome the irritation. It’s kind of transient. Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow, I’ll feel better.”Nash had displayed encouraging signs during his two-game stint last week, including a 19-point effort on 8-of-15 shooting and five assists in the Lakers’ win Friday in Philadelphia.But Nash showed discomfort after committing a turnover with nine minutes left in the third quarter, however he didn’t leave until nearly four minutes later.“I wanted to play. Especially when you’re losing, you want to fight through it,” Nash said. “I’ve been through that before and I know where it goes. I didn’t want to risk it and honestly let the guys that were able to carry the load. I think it was the smartest decision to come back and not have a major setback.”D’Antoni wondered if that should’ve happened sooner. LOS ANGELES >> A familiar image emerged surrounding Steve Nash, and it didn’t involve the dazzling passes he recaptured recently after staying sidelined for nearly three months.Instead, the Lakers’ 92-86 loss Sunday to the Chicago Bulls at Staples Center provided an awfully familiar storyline that never seems to end. Nash left midway through the third quarter after a collision with Bulls guard Kirk Hinrich sparked nerve irritation in his leg. Nash suffered the same damage last season when he fractured his left leg Oct. 31, 2012 against Portland, an injury that sidelined him for 24 games. The subsequent nerve issues eventually affected his back and hamstrings, keeping him out for eight games, including two playoff appearances.Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni also said Nash’s back tightened up. Yet, Nash expressed optimism he could still play Tuesday against the Utah Jazz, insistent that the nerve damage in his back that sidelined him for all but eight games this season won’t suddenly emerge.
Former Finn Harps and Galway United goalkeeper Declan McIntyre is launching a six-week goalkeeping programme which kicks-off tonight at Bonagee United.Declan McIntyre, right, with former Harps boss Peter Hutton.McIntyre is one of the most experienced goalkeepers this county has ever produced.McIntyre enjoyed a distinguished playing career in the League of Ireland, and since he retired from playing has held a number of coaching positions with both Finn Harps FC and Derry City. McIntyre was part of the back-room team at Derry City under Roddy Collins last season before Peter Hutton took over as manager after Collins was sacked.McIntyre is expected to remain part of the set-up at the Brandywell for the forthcoming 2015 campaign.McIntyre has also been heavily involved over the last 15 years or more with various Irish representative sides at all levels right up from u15 to u21.His six-week ‘Goalkeeping Coaching Programme’ is specifically aimed at Schoolboy /Schoolgirl Goalkeepers over the coming weeks at two venues in Donegal. It starts tonight 19th November on the astro-turf at Bonagee United from 7.30 – 9 pm.Wednesday nights will be primarily aimed at the 12-16 year old keepers in the county.On Thursday evening 20th November from 6.30 – 8pm the younger keepers will be catered for, that is the 8, 9, 10 and 11 year-olds.Each session will last for 90 minutes so the GK’s will get plenty of work and coaching time.The Programme at Bonagee will run every Wednesday and Thursday night up until the 17 and 18th of December 2014. Similarly on Sunday 23th November The Goalkeeping Programme will start in The Hospital Field Donegal Town with a 10.15 am start for the 8, 9, 10 and 11 year-olds.The older group, 12-16 year olds will start at 11.45 am – 1.15.The programme is a great opportunity for young GK’s to get some much needed coaching from an experienced and qualified goalkeeping expert.The programme is open to everyone boys and girls and they’ve had a number of outstanding female keepers attend the courses over the last few years. If anyone needs more information you can contact Declan on 087 2499509.Or if you contact Declan via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.orgFORMER FINN HARPS LEGEND DECLAN MCINTYRE LAUNCHES SIX-WEEK GOALKEEPING PROGRAMME was last modified: November 18th, 2014 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Declan McIntyrederry cityFAIGoalkeeping ProgrammenewsSix-WeekSport