Singaporean man earlier suspected of COVID-19 buried in Batam

first_imgAry Ginanjar, a caretaker at the Sambau Public Cemetery in Batam, said he had received a letter from the Bhayangkara Police Hospital in Riau Islands asking the cemetery to dig a grave for AA’s burial on Wednesday evening — four days after AA’s death.He described the funeral ceremony as “quiet and secretive.” The Jakarta Post only confirmed the burial on Friday.“The funeral was attended by several police officers, AA’s wife and his two daughters,” Ary said.He added that AA had been buried in an Islamic way, as his family wanted him to be buried without a coffin. The funeral ceremony took about one hour. A Singaporean man who was suspected to have contracted the novel coronavirus that causes the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) but reportedly died of “another illness” has been buried in Batam, Riau Islands, after days of uncertainty regarding his funeral.The man, identified as 61-year-old AA, died at BP Batam Hospital, one of Indonesia’s referral hospitals for the virus, after showing symptoms similar to those of COVID-19, such as fever and shortness of breath. The Batam Health Agency, however, said he had died of “another illness” rather than COVID-19, because the patient’s test results for the virus had come back negative.Read also: ‘The test came back negative’: Singaporean with ‘coronavirus-like symptoms’ dies in Batam The cemetery caretaker went on to say that there was no special treatment during the burial: “It was just the usual thing. There was no request to wrap the body with plastic.”Read also: Singapore emerges as litmus test for coronavirus containmentBatam Health Agency head Didi Kusumajadi said AA had been buried in Batam instead of Singapore due to an administration issue preventing the body from being taken to his home country.“Singapore should not refuse their citizen. However, his family also requested for him to be buried here,” Didi told the Post on Friday.The agency head dismissed concerns that Singapore had refused to let AA’s body be buried there because of the suspected COVID-19 infection. “The Consulate of the Republic of Singapore in Batam has tried to facilitate AA’s return to Singapore before it was decided to have him buried in Batam.”The Singaporean consul general in Batam, Mark Low, declined to comment on the matter. (hol)Topics :last_img read more

Mike Dean’s referee stats as he takes charge of Leicester City vs Manchester United

first_imgAdvertisement Match referee Mike Dean. (Photo by James Williamson – AMA/Getty Images)Mike Dean has been a leading referee in the Premier League since 2000 and he has gone on to take charge of over 450 fixtures in the league.Rio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starHe was promoted to the FIFA international referees’ list in 2003, which allowed him to take charge of various European clashes.In 2008 he officiated one of his biggest matches when he took charge of the FA Cup final between Portsmouth and Cardiff City.One of Mike’s biggest matches so far this season was Arsenal’s 4-2 victory agains Spurs, where he awarded two penalties during the game.ADVERTISEMENT Mike Dean’s referee stats as he takes charge of Leicester City vs Manchester United Comment Daniel MackrellSunday 3 Feb 2019 10:45 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy linkcenter_img Referee Mike Dean shows a red card to Jan Vertonghen on 2 December 2018 (Photo by Marc Atkins/Getty Images)Who is taking charge of Leicester City vs Manchester United?Mike Dean will be taking charge of today’s match.He will also be joined by assistant referees Ian Hussin and Darren Cann, as well as David Coote who will be the fourth official.MORE: Manchester United board ready to hand Ole Gunnar Solskjaer £200m transfer budget if he gets job permanentlyMORE: Anthony Martial returns to Manchester United squad along with injury doubt Paul Pogba for Leicester City clash Mike Dean regularly takes charge of Premier League fixtures (Photo by James Williamson – AMA/Getty Images)What are Mike Dean’s stats?Mike Dean is one of the most experienced referee’s currently working the the Premier League.AdvertisementAdvertisementSo far he has taken charge of 471 Premier League matches, issuing 1713 yellow cards, 47 second yellow cards and 50 red cards.He has also awarded 156 penalties during his time officiating matches in the league.The 50-year-old has officiated in numerous international competitions, including Euro and World Cup qualifiers as well as Europa League and Champions League fixtures.He stepped down from the FIFA international list in 2013 once he reached the mandatory retirement age of 45.More: Manchester United FCRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseEx-Man Utd coach blasts Ed Woodward for two key transfer errorsMike Dean Premier League 2018/19 statsMatches officiated – 18Yellow Cards – 77Second yellow cards – 4Straight red cards – 5Penalties given – 6 Advertisementlast_img read more

VP Leni, other gov’t execs also filed cyber libel cases – NBI

first_imgGo had recently written the NBI to request an investigation on social media posts that could be possible violations of the anti-cybercrime law and other laws, but said he did not know the student who was invited and the post in question./PN “The NBI’s issuance of a subpoena is a way to verify the veracity of the complaint and is a part of due process to give opportunity to the subject of the complaint to be heard,” Lorenzo said. Other national and local officials from places such as Siquijor, Leyte, and Cebu have also sent their complaints, while there were also cases filed from the general public, according to Lorenzo. He added that they are open to receiving cybercrime complaints “regardless of their status in life, and political and organizational affiliation.” Complaints may be sent to ccd@nbi.gov.ph. The camps of Robredo as well as Kabataan Party-list Rep. Sarah Elago filed separate complaints but did not elaborate, NBI Cybercrime division chief Victor Lorenzo revealed in an interview with GMA News Online.center_img Cavite Rep. Jesus Crispin “Boying” Remulla, who was criticized for his questioning during the House of Representatives hearing on ABS-CBN franchise renewal, also filed his own complaint. MANILA – Aside from neophyte Sen. Christopher “Bong” Go, Vice President Leni Robredo and other government officials also filed cyber libel complaints before the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). According to Lorenzo, the NBI will investigate cases of cyber libel, which had a significant increase the past months, regardless of the complainants’ status and political leaning.last_img read more